ARE YOU A P&C INSURANCE PROFESSIONAL WHO WANTS TO WORK IN QUEBEC?
TWO OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU:
In this case, you don’t need to receive training in Quebec. You will only need to obtain a certification (external candidate exam) from the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF). The certification validates your qualifications in property and casualty insurance.
You will have to obtain the Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in property and casualty insurance (9 to 12 months of training).
This information doesn’t take the procedures related to Canadian immigration into account. Holding a visa is required to work in Canada. Several options are available according to your situation.
- More than 6,000 positions to be filled between 2020 and 20221
- $11.8 billion in premium volume in 20192
- 624 employers across the province3
- 32,075 employees4
- 4% growth year over year5
- 8% turnover rate, compared to an average of 24% in Quebec6
- 1 Coalition. Survey on Labour Needs and Quality in the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry in Quebec, conducted by SOM, 2020.
- 2 AMF. Annual Report on Financial Institutions 2019.
- 3 Coalition. Survey on Labour Needs and Quality in the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry in Quebec, conducted by SOM, 2020.
- 4 Idem.
- 5 Idem.
- 6 Idem.