GET INVOLVED AND SHINE
The Marcel-Tassé Awards honour two rising stars who have worked in the property and casualty insurance industry for less than two years and who stand out through their personality, their career aspirations, and their involvement.
- A specialized component in P&C insurance aimed at graduates of the DCS in Insurance Techniques and Financial Services
of an ACS in P&C insurance
- A general component aimed at holders of a college diploma or university degree not specializing in P&C insurance
Each winner receives a non-taxable $2,000 grant. The Marcel-Tassé Awards are THE way to stand out and launch your career!
Anyone who meets the following eligibility criteria:
Criterion no. 1
Worked in property and casualty insurance for less than 2 years as of December 31, 2022, in one of the following 4 professions:
- P&C insurance agent (date of receipt of certificate as proof of eligibility)
- P&C insurance broker (date of receipt of certificate as proof of eligibility)
- Claims adjuster (date of receipt of certificate as proof of eligibility)
- Underwriter1 (date of hire as proof of eligibility)
Criterion no. 2
Specialized component > Hold a DCS in Insurance Techniques and Financial Services or an ACS in P&C insurance2
General component > Hold a DCS or university degree in any program of study other than P&C insurance (e.g., management, administration, actuarial sciences, risk management, languages, sciences, communication, education, etc.)3
- 1 “Underwriter” refers to any underwriting position (underwriter, underwriter assistant, underwriting technician, associate underwriter, underwriting assistant, risk analyst, etc.). Since this is a prize awarded to new recruits in P&C insurance, underwriters cannot have worked in another eligible profession.
2 Candidates who have received a DCS in Insurance Techniques and Financial Services or an ACS in P&C insurance submit their application for the specialized P&C insurance component.
3 Candidates who have received a college diploma or university degree in any program of study other than P&C insurance (e.g., management, administration, actuarial sciences, risk management, languages, sciences, communication, education, etc.) submit their application for the general component.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Download and complete the nomination file and attach all the requested documents.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com before Friday, January 23, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
- All the requested documents must be provided in PDF format.
- An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent by email for all files received.
- Any candidate who already submitted their application for the 2020 or 2021 Marcel-Tassé Awards cannot be selected.
HOW DOES THE EVALUATION WORK?
The Coalition will verify the following aspects:
- Fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
- Presence of all the requested elements: The candidate has submitted a complete file before the deadline. All files that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline or which do not meet the criteria will be excluded from the process.
THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Justification of the application (25%)
- Interest in the industry (20%)
- Involvement and achievements (25%)
- Career goals (20%)
- Quality of the file submitted (10%)
WHO WILL EVALUATE THE APPLICATIONS?
A selection committee will be formed for each of the two components. Each selection committee is made up of:
- • 1 representative from the Coalition
- • 1 representative from ChAD
- • 1 representative from LARAQ
- • 1 industry professional (appointed by the Coalition following a call for applications)
FINALLY, INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD:
The candidates who received the highest scores during the evaluation of the files will move on to the final stage: an interview via Teams videoconference with the members of the selection committee. The goal is to get to know the candidates better and discuss their career plan, objectives, and vision. Candidates will be judged according to the quality of their answers and their level of motivation. The candidate who stood out the most in their category will be named the winner of the Marcel-Tassé Award.
At the end of the selection process, the Coalition will inform the candidates of the result. The 2 winners of the Marcel-Tassé Awards will be revealed at the Insurance Institute Gala in March 2022.
- October 26, 2021: launch of the 2022 edition of the Marcel-Tassé Awards
- January 23, 2022: deadline to submit your application
- January 26 to February 28, 2022: file evaluation process and Teams interview phase (week of February 21, 2022)
- March 2022: presentation of the 2021 winners at the Insurance Institute Virtual Gala
Created in 2000 by the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages (ChAD), in 2020, the Coalition pour une relève en assurance de dommages took up the torch of organizing these prestigious awards.